Monday, March 28, 2016

How to sideload WGT files on your Samsung Gear S device

How to sideload .WGT files on your Gear S watch guide.

1. Step 1 - Enable USB Debugging on Gear S Device:

To be able to sideload .wgt files via data cable on your Gear S watch you have to enable USB debugging first by following the next steps:

– Go to Settings
– Scroll to “Gear info” tab
-- USB Debugging.
– Ignore the warrning message and click OK
- Done

2. Step

- Use the original charging cradle and original USB datacable to connect your Gear S watch via USB on your PC / Mac or whatever OS you have.
- Download the SDB tool and unzip it in easy to access folder on your hard drive (i recommend to be extracted in C:\SDB folder just to make your life easier )

Find the SDB tool HERE

3. Step
– Open command line (cmd on windows) and navigate to the SDB folder (in your case C:\SDB )
– On the console type : sdb devices
After typing the sdb device , your system will try to recognize the device connected via USB





Once connected , now you can side load any .wgt file with simple command line into the same CMD command line window by typing the following command:

type : sdb install xxx.wgt. (were the xxx is the exact name of the file , for your convenience you can rename your WGT file collection with simple words or letters just to make your life easier)

This should install the .wgt file on your connected device.

Disconnect the Gear S from your PC/MAC or whatever :) and have fun.

I know there are hundreds of posts out there , but most of them are not exactly helpful if you are not a owner of Samsung mobile phone and for such reasons i want to make your life easier by sharing the following collection HERE.

 There are no AdSense or NonSense rubbish ads on my page , my only idea is to help you and make your life easier than mine :)

Have fun







22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. salut
      comment vous avez fait
      je veux installer opera mini sur la Gear S
      mais je n'arrive pas

      Delete
  2. how to uninstall wgt file ? There is no apps using gear manager on phone but apps installed on gear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. install the app like explorer and you will get to the folder and delete the file. the same way you do with your mobile

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Install the Samsung Drivers first from here http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117
      Then start the command prompt from the SDB folder by press & hold shift then press right mouse button, it will be done without problem

      Delete
  4. you are amazing it works
    thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Mr. Andre, I'm looking for this process and I have try the above steps and I'm not using tizen sdk program and I had did know how to get them on the gear s but I was using a 32bit windows 10 pro laptop ,but I'm using a 64bit 10pro laptop now can you contact me about how you did your process, I would get to the c:\sdb\sdb install xxx.wgt and I get a error saying that file or path or dir not found and the folder has the all the .wgt file in it and I know they work because I had them on the watch before, but had not used the watch because the screen was broken I finally got another one and put it in,and now Iwant reinstall them,so if you have little time, can you send me the step you used to accomplish yours to My email killzone1211@yahoo.com I would be gladly appropriate you it.

      Delete
  5. where do i keep the wgt file for sideloading on my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it gives me an error package type unknown can you help me please

    ReplyDelete
  7. do you have only for opera mini or whatsapp.wgt?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can anyone tell me were to get these wgt apps apart from the Samsung store

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i need help loading them i have a bunch i really wanyed to try that opera 1

      Delete
  9. I didn't even need to use sdb. I got the Opera mini wgt file into my laptop from here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=74430188&postcount=12
    Enabled USB debugging on my watch (settings, gear info) and connected to the laptop using the charger & micro USB cable. Double clicked the file and it installed automatically. This is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. salut
      comment vous avez fait
      je veux installer installateur mini sur la Gear S
      mais je n'arrive pas

      Delete
  10. i also get error: package type unkwon

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. But how to deploy wgt file using android APK file ?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is there a way to do this via wifi?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete